A friend saw me at the grocery the other day. (It took us a moment to recognize each other behind our masks.)
“Shouldn’t you have been on one of your epic trips last year?”
In 2000, I bicycled across America.
In 2010, I walked across Scotland.
In 2020, well, so much for unmasked travel across islands and continents.
Ah, plans failed and stalled and postponed. And yet, renewed interest? Traffic to this web site is returning. Maybe since people can’t readily travel, they’re doing so virtually. Fine by me.
I had plans, just like most. I certainly don’t want to wait until 2030, but I also don’t expect the pandemic to abate in enough time in 2021 for me to also finish a book that would result from a trip. Yet, I hope.
In the meantime, if it wasn’t apparent, I’m a writer (and hopefully improving with each article and publication.)
- Just Keep Pedaling
- Twelve Months at Barclay Lake
- Twelve Months at Lake Valhalla
- Twelve Months at Merritt Lake
- Dream. Invest. Live.
Plus, of course,
- Walking Thinking Drinking Across Scotland
(All six of which are available on amazon.)
I also write several blogs:
- Trimbath Creative – personal finance for frugal folk
- Pretending Not To Panic – new for people who are eager and anxious about the future
- About Whidbey – island living from an islander’s perspective
And, while I’m at it, a podcast/blog: Writing On Whidbey Island – about the writing community on Whidbey Island in Washington State
Oh yeah, and the seven books, soon to be eight in the five book series (fans of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy can appreciate the math) of photo essays of Whidbey Island. (all on Blurb.com) Twelve Months at:
- Cultus Bay
- Deception Pass
- Admiralty Head
- Penn Cove
- Double Bluff
- Maxwelton Beach
- Possession Beach
- another to be announced in June 2021
- another in production for 2022 release
Here’s hoping for more travel, more writing, more sharing the world with each other, and maybe even getting to visit and talk and mingle without masks and distancing.